Specifications as ordered
- SL410 (Model type 2842-CTO)
- 14.1 in LCD 1366×768
- Intel Core2Duo T6670
- 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz Dual Channel (came with 1 stick of 2GB)
- 6 cell
- Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
- USB ports x4 (1 back, 1 left combined with eSATA, 2 right)
- eSATA port x1
- DVD writer
- HDMI x1
- VGA x1
- SDHC slot x1
- Integrated webcam
- Express card slot x1
$580 + 50 CAD taxes included
Ownership ~1 week
- CPU runs cool enough for fan to be off most of the time, in the range of 39-45 degrees Celsius during normal operation.
- Temperatures do not exceed 55 degrees Celsius under load after undervolting.
- Not uncomfortable to keep on lap even under operation.
- Boot time into functional Windows 7 x64 is approximately 1 minute.
- Chassis is plastic and rigid, but does move and creek slightly under pressure. LCD hinge opens to maximum of about 140 degrees.
- LCD screen is gloss with decent viewing angles. High range of brightness control available.
- LCD hinge feels solid, and screen experiences almost no flex
- No latch on LCD lid, but laptop with screen closed is firm not
- Plastic feels a bit cheap to touch, does not feel like a quality product
- Chassis is a hollow, leading to good thermals but could really have been made thinner
- Big power plug that secures well to the laptop
- No key flex, but keys feel mushy
- Keyboard is quiet to type on
- Some hard drive chatter can be heard even with fan off, but is relatively quiet during seek
- Fan is off most of the time
- Fan is loud even at lowest setting, but it is rarely on